Recently, my Nana had a talk with me about writing down my passions and focusing on combining certain passions to figure out what I want to do with this great gift of life. She just turned 68 and she is doing the same exact thing. This list is what makes me, me. And yes, I ponder the idea of “me” all the time, and I’ve realized that “I” am a part of something so much grander than this mind/body. I have the need to find a purpose in order to hopefully make this world a better place. I am searching. But I don’t want to spend my whole life searching. I want to spend my life being and doing. It can be difficult when I’m stuck behind a desk for 7-8 hours a day, speaking to absolutely no one except through emails and the boring/occasional “how are you?” – “good” to people walking by my desk. I work for my mom, so we do have conversations sometimes, which I like, but there are days where I literally go without really speaking to anyone in person, until I see Gareth after work. I like my alone time, especially when I have a lot of work to get done, but it can get depressing.
I try to stay connected with the outside world through Facebook and Instagram – both false senses of reality – and no, this is not “allowed” at work. Recently, my best friends and I started this group private message where we all communicate with each other at random times, and it is quite hilarious! I don’t feel that false reality, I feel love for the people who I call sisters. And we laugh, constantly, because naturally we are like the funniest people on earth.
Having an office job can also force me into such deep states of daydreaming. I get caught up in the future (and sometimes the past) and it makes it hard for me to just live in the present moment. Setting goals are good – but it’s the little goals along the way that make the journey and living in the present possible. For instance, I want to be an amazing hula hooper. But that ain’t gonna happen unless I practice every day. I want to focus on being present, aware, and open. So, anyways here are my passions:
- Music – I love music that evokes some kind of emotion in me and/or that I feel connected to. Music is so important. Where would we be without it?
- Hooping – I’m on 2nd week / journey of hooping. Not going to quit this time… not happening! I love it! It brings me joy.
- Yoga/Meditation – and I’ll also say challenging my mind and body.
- Writing poetry, and also reading poetry
- Traveling – I would like to see and explore this country and the rest of the world!
- Cooking – used to hate it, now I love it.
- Expressing myself creatively – encompassing : dancing, fashion, writing, cooking, art and…
- I want to learn how to make my own jewelry.
- Helping others – in whatever way I can!
- Love – obviously love. (Obviously Gareth. Love conquers all.)
- Friends : where would we be without friends – the family we choose
- Having FUN.